This may sound like an odd combination, but Fritos Bars are really good and satisfy that salty-sweet craving many of us have. I ate these for the first time this Spring at a neighborhood crawfish boil, and from then on decided to track down this recipe and make them! As you can see, I found the recipe and it’s super simple!
I changed the recipe slightly…the original recipe said to place the corn chips into the baking pan, then pour all of the melted ingredients over the top…but I didn’t like the way that turned out, so I stirred in my corn chips and peanuts so that they would be evenly coated. I liked it much better!
- 1 (10¼ oz.) bag regular Fritos corn chips (not scoops)
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup milk chocolate chocolate chips
- Lightly spray a 13 x 9 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Pour Fritos corn chips into a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Combine corn syrup and sugar in a medium saucepan and heat until boiling.
- Boil for exactly 1 minute only.
- Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter until smooth.
- Pour over chips and toss to coat.
- Pour corn chip mixture into the greased pan and press to form an even layer.
- Pour chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds and stir, then for 30 seconds more until just melted. Stir until smooth.
- Pour melted chocolate into a zip top bag, press most of the air out and seal.
- Cut off a small top of a corner of the bag and drizzle over the Fritos bars.
- Allow to set (refrigerate to speed up the process).
- Cut into squares and serve.