Salted Fudge Brownies
- Salted Fudge Brownies
- 1 1/2 sticks salted butter
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate finely chopped
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Maldon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Line a 9-inch square metal cake pan with foil, draping the foil over the edges. Lightly butter the foil.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter with the unsweetened chocolate over very low heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat.
- Whisking them in one at a time until thoroughly incorporated, add the cocoa, sugar, eggs, vanilla and flour.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the surface.
- Sprinkle the salt evenly over the batter. Using a butter knife, swirl the salt into the batter.
- Bake the fudge brownies in the center of the oven for about 35 minutes, until the edge is set but the center is still a bit soft and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out coated with a little of the batter.
- Let the brownies cool at room temperature in the pan for 1 hour, then refrigerate just until they are firm, about 1 hour.
- Lift the brownies from the pan and peel off the foil.
- Cut the brownies into 16 squares. Serve at room temperature.
- Make Ahead
- The salted fudge brownies can be refrigerated for up to 3 days, and frozen for up to 1 month.