So you know how I just posted my Best Rice Krispie Treats recipe? Well I have another recipe for them, but this time with a twist. My kids absolutely love it when I make the Fruity Rice Krispie Treat version. They are so cheerful with all the colors and the flavors of the fruity cereal really stand out.
I still use my favorite deep dish cake pan that’s an 18″x13″x2″. You can find it here and get it in two days on Prime.
Get ready for a sugar rush folks! They are much sweeter than the original because it’s a sweetened cereal. Just make sure to have a tall glass of cold milk on hand…and don’t feed these to the kids anytime before you want them to go to bed! Enjoy!
Fruity Rice Krispie Treats
- 20 cups Fruity Rice Krispies Cereal used: Fruity Pebbles - just shy of 2-12-oz boxes
- 2 sticks salted butter
- 2 10 oz bags Jumbo marshmallows
- 2 10 oz bags Mini marshmallows
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla
- Line a large baking sheet with foil or parchment paper, then butter or spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- Measure out 20 cups of cereal into TWO large bowls, dividing evenly; set aside.
- In a large stock pot, melt butter over medium heat.
- Once melted, stir in 2 bags of Jumbo marshmallows, melt, stirring often.
- When melted, stir in 2 bags of Mini marshmallows and remove from heat. (The marshmallows will not be fully melted)
- Stir in salt and vanilla.
- Pour melted marshmallow mixture evenly over BOTH bowls of cereal.
- Working quickly, use a rubber spatula to fold and mix the cereal and marshmallow mixture until all cereal is thoroughly coated.
- Pour all coated cereal onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Wet your hands with cold water, shaking off the excess, and press the cereal mixture firmly and evenly into pan.
- All this to cool and firm up. (I place mine in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or so for faster results)
- Lift out of the pan using the sides of the foil and cut into desired size squares.
Leave a Reply