Try these super easy Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats made with Cocoa Krispies. They’re a huge crowd pleaser!
Knowing my love for Rice Krispie Treats, I couldn’t pass up trying to make a chocolate version. I’m here to tell you that they didn’t disappoint. These Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats have all the buttery sweet flavors of the original Rice Krispie Treats with a chocolaty twist, and hit the spot for a cocoa craving.
It’s awesome that a few simple ingredients can come together and have the family scrambling for a sweet treat! This Chocolate Rice Krispie recipe uses Cocoa Krispies which makes them sweeter than my Best Rice Krispie Treats, just like my Fruity Rice Krispie Treats.
I hope you enjoy!
More Reader Favorites!
Have you made any of my recipes? Post it on Instagram and tag @jennifercooks123 and #jennifercooks!
Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats
- 20 cups Cocoa Rice Krispies Cereal just shy of 2-12-oz boxes
- 2 sticks salted butter
- 2 10 oz bags Jumbo marshmallows
- 2 10 oz bags Mini marshmallows
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla
- Line a large baking sheet with foil or parchment paper, then butter or spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- Measure out 20 cups of cereal into TWO large bowls, dividing evenly; set aside.
- In a large stock pot, melt butter over medium heat.
- Once melted, stir in 2 bags of Jumbo marshmallows, melt, stirring often.
- When melted, stir in 2 bags of Mini marshmallows and remove from heat. (The marshmallows will not be fully melted)
- Stir in salt and vanilla.
- Pour melted marshmallow mixture evenly over BOTH bowls of cereal.
- Working quickly, use a rubber spatula to fold and mix the cereal and marshmallow mixture until all cereal is thoroughly coated.
- Pour all coated cereal onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Wet your hands with cold water, shaking off the excess, and press the cereal mixture firmly and evenly into pan.
- All this to cool and firm up. (I place mine in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or so for faster results)
- Lift out of the pan using the sides of the foil and cut into desired size squares.