This may sound like an odd combination, but Fritos Bars are really good and satisfy that salty-sweet craving many of us have. I ate these for the first time this Spring at a neighborhood crawfish boil, and from then on decided to track down this recipe and make them! As you can see, I found the recipe and it’s super simple!
I changed the recipe slightly…the original recipe said to place the corn chips into the baking pan, then pour all of the melted ingredients over the top…but I didn’t like the way that turned out, so I stirred in my corn chips and peanuts so that they would be evenly coated. I liked it much better!
- 10½ ounces Fritos corn chips, lightly crushed
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1 ½ cups milk chocolate chips
- Grease a 9x13 baking pan and set aside.
- In a saucepan, bring the sugar and corn syrup to a boil over medium heat. Remove from heat and stir in the peanut butter until smooth. Stir in corn chips and peanuts and gently stir until coated.
- Pour corn chip mixture into greased baking pan and spread evenly.
- Place chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 1 minute; stir and then microwave for 30 seconds more, if necessary to melt.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over Frito Bars and allow to cool completely. Once cooled, cut into squares and serve.
Incoming search terms:
- frito bars recipe
- fritos bars
- frito peanut butter bars
- frito dessert
- frito caramel bars
- frito corn chip bars
- corn chip bars
- frito bar recipe
- frito bars peanut butter