This taco salad is one of my favorites from my childhood. I remember my mom making it fairly often, especially for pot luck luncheons at our church. I love the tangy flavors of the Catalina dressing combined with the salty, crunchy corn chips. My mom didn’t always add the meat and we liked it just as well, but these days, I generally make mine with ground beef to make a heartier salad.
This recipe grows and grows! It makes a very large salad and can serve around 12 people. You can add other ingredients, like avocados, black beans and corn, as well as substitute the beef for cooked, ground turkey or diced chicken.
Incoming search terms:
- taco salad
- taco salad with catalina
- taco salad with catalina dressing and fritos
- taco salad with fritos and catalina dressing
- taco salad with fritos
- taco salad with catalina and fritos
- taco salad with catalina dressing
- corn chip salad with catalina dressing
- frito taco salad
- catalina taco salad fritos