If you know me very well at all, you’ll know that I bleed salsa. The main reason I always want to go eat Mexican is for the chips and salsa! I mean, who can resist? The friendly ladies at my favorite Taqueria (Sol De Jalisco) come by and drop off warm, salty tortilla chips and then set us up with two or three varieties of salsa. We absent minded-ly munch away while we talk, then just when the chip basket gets below halfway, it suddenly gets refilled. This is the way we do it in Texas y’all! Really, who can resist?! Well, maybe you can, but I certainly can’t! I love those ladies, by the way…here’s a shout out to my sweet friend Griselda! Woot! Woot! She knows exactly what we like, and always greets us with a smile on her face and friendly conversation!
When I can’t make it over to Sol De Jalisco, I whip up a batch of this restaurant style salsa in my blender and it really hits the spot! I got this recipe years ago from my friend Brooke, and I’ve been addicted ever since. This salsa is so easy to make that my kids can do it. I hope you enjoy!
Taqueria Restaurant Style Salsa
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3/4 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 cloves garlic peeled
- 3 10 oz cans diced tomatoes
- 1 medium white onion coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 to 6 fresh jalapeños to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend for about 20 to 30 seconds. Adjust seasoning with salt to taste. Serve with your favorite tortilla chips!
[…] these delicious chips with some of these great recipes! Beef Enchiladas, Spicy Sausage Queso, Taqueria Style Salsa, 7-Layer Dip, Mexican Seafood Cocktail, or Cowboy […]
[…] Use a really good salsa! Our favorite is my Taqueria Restaurant Style Salsa! […]