Shredded Beef Tacos with Avocado and Lime
- 2 lbs. flat-cut beef brisket trimmed
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 12 oz Mexican beer used: Negra Model
- 2 cloves garlic smashed
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 ⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 ⁄4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 2 Tablespoons chopped canned chipotle chiles en adobo
- 4 scallions chopped
- 24 Warmed corn tortillas
- 2 avocados pitted and sliced
- 1 Tablespoon seasoning salt used: Original Jane’s Krazy Mixed Up Salt
- Premade pico de gallo used: local produce department brand H-E-B
- In a large Dutch oven, brown beef in 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium high heat.
- Remove brisket to a plate. Add onions to pan and sauté until lighly browned.
- Add beer and deglaze pan. Meanwhile, rub brisket on both sides with garlic and salt, then chipotles.
- Remove beer and onion mixture from heat and carefully lower meat into pot and cover tightly with lid.
- Place in a 350 degree oven for 3 hours.
- Remove brisket from oven, then place on a cutting board to let cool. Shred meat with a fork and your fingers. Roughly chop meat and transfer back to remaining cooking liquid in pot (there won’t be much, maybe a cup – if more, pour off some).
- Mix in lime juice, cilantro and scallions. Stir to combine.
- Serve in warm corn tortillas topped with pico de gallo and cubed avocado.