Shredded Beef Tacos with Avocado and Lime
Shredded Beef Tacos with Avocado and Lime Author: Jennifer Locklin
- 2 lbs. flat-cut beef brisket trimmed
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 12 oz Mexican beer used: Negra Model
- 2 cloves garlic smashed
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 ⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 ⁄4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 2 Tablespoons chopped canned chipotle chiles en adobo
- 4 scallions chopped
- 24 Warmed corn tortillas
- 2 avocados pitted and sliced
- 1 Tablespoon seasoning salt used: Original Jane’s Krazy Mixed Up Salt
- Premade pico de gallo used: local produce department brand H-E-B
In a large Dutch oven, brown beef in 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium high heat.
Remove brisket to a plate. Add onions to pan and sauté until lighly browned.
Add beer and deglaze pan. Meanwhile, rub brisket on both sides with garlic and salt, then chipotles.
Remove beer and onion mixture from heat and carefully lower meat into pot and cover tightly with lid.
Place in a 350 degree oven for 3 hours.
Remove brisket from oven, then place on a cutting board to let cool. Shred meat with a fork and your fingers. Roughly chop meat and transfer back to remaining cooking liquid in pot (there won’t be much, maybe a cup – if more, pour off some).
Mix in lime juice, cilantro and scallions. Stir to combine.
Serve in warm corn tortillas topped with pico de gallo and cubed avocado.