This gourmet Peppermint Hot Cocoa Mix is pure holiday cheer that can be enjoyed year-round! This rich, creamy cocoa mix incorporates crushed candy canes in every sip. This is my most requested recipe, especially this time of year!
My Peppermint Hot Cocoa Mix is my most requested recipe this time of year for good reason…it’s AMAZING! If you’re looking for a cocoa mix that has a strong peppermint flavor, this one is it!
This time of year brings out all the feels for me! I get nostalgic about everything…memories of ornaments, decorating the tree, and all of the great family recipes and treats. I get in the mood for making homemade gifts, especially baked goods and homemade goodies.
This Peppermint Hot Cocoa Mix is very inexpensive to make and is also extremely easy to throw together. It makes a huge recipe, so it’s easy to divide up into jars to give away as a fun and festive holiday gift for friends, family, teachers, and coworkers.
Download the FREE Printable Gift Tags for hot cocoa mix over at ishouldbemoppingthefloor.com! Kristi has such a talent for making all sorts of things, including printables. She has oodles of free printables on her site…check it out!
TIPS FOR MAKING PEPPERMINT HOT COCOA MIX:
- I use two very large mixing bowl and pour ½ of the ingredients into each bowl so that it’s easy to mix evenly.
- I buy already crushed peppermint candy, which makes this recipe even easier! My local grocery store usually carries it, but during the holidays they run out quickly, so a lot of times I buy mine here on Amazon.
- Make sure to head over to my friend, Kristi’s blog, for the adorable FREE printable tags!
- My favorite way to drink this mix is stirring it into warmed milk, it makes it extra rich and creamy.
- Another favorite way to drink this is stirred into a hot cup of coffee to make the most delicious Peppermint Mocha!
TIPS FOR WORKING WITH PRINTABLE TAGS:
- I highly recommend only printing these tags onto letter-sized white cardstock because regular paper is too thin. Once a tag is cut out of regular paper, the corners tend to curl up. Stick with the cardstock on this one.
- You can grab a ream of letter-sized white cardstock here on Amazon. That’s where I purchase my own stash…they have the best prices I’ve even been able to find.
- I like to use festive baker’s twine to attach these tags. Here are some of my favorites for the holiday season:
- I’m also a big believer in a SMALL hole punch…they take up less space and look cleaner.
- I highly recommend a 2″ craft punch to make it easy to cut out the round …instruction tags. It also gives you a really clean cut on your circles.
- This size is difficult to find at some craft stores, so I have found it easiest to order it HERE on Amazon.
Download these round instruction tags now, they’re perfect for adding to your gift!
MORE HOLIDAY INSPIRATION:
HAVE YOU MADE ANY OF MY RECIPES? POST THEM ON INSTAGRAM AND TAG @jennifercooks123 AND #jennifercooks!
Peppermint Hot Cocoa Mix
- 12 c. powdered milk
- 11 oz. powdered coffee creamer
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 lbs. Nesquick powdered chocolate milk mix
- 6 tblsp. cocoa powder
- 1 lg box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 10 oz bags crushed peppermint candy
- 2 10 oz bags mini chocolate chips
- Combine all ingredients and store in an airtight container.
- This is perfect for portioning into mason jars and giving away as holiday gifts!