Grilled asparagus is a simple side dish that’s an added treat to any table. I love the smokey taste and the slight crunch of this savory vegetable. Buy more than you think you’ll need – it’ll be gone in a flash!
This recipe for Grilled Asparagus is my go-to side dishes for good grilling weather. It’s just about fool-proof and requires very few ingredients. Grilled asparagus goes well with just about anything. We eat it alongside steaks, grilled chicken, grilled or roasted salmon and much more!
For fool-proof grilled asparagus follow these tips:
- Cut off woody ends of the asparagus. You can gauge how much to cut off by holding each end and bending it up making an arch until it snaps. Usually where it snaps is where you should trim.
- Season generously with olive oil, salt and pepper or your favorite seasoning mix. My favorite is my Kitchen Salt.
- Preheat the grill. You want the grill hot and up to temperature so that it will sear the outside of the asparagus and make grill marks. This will also prevent sticking.
Need more side dish ideas? Check these out!
Have you made any of my recipes? Post it on Instagram and tag @jennifercooks123 and #jennifercooks!
- 2 bunches fresh asparagus about 48 spears
- 1 T extra virgin olive oil
- S&P to taste
- 1 clove fresh garlic minced
- 1 T Balsamic Vinegar optional
- Preheat gas or charcoal grill to around 400 degrees.
- Trim asparagus of woody ends and toss with oil, garlic and seasonings.
- Place asaragus on hot grill and grill for about 3 to 5 minutes on each side. Use large tongs to carefully turn asparagus over.
- Serve immediately.