Simple Roasted Potatoes are a delicious side dish that goes with just about any meal!
Roasted potatoes are one of my go-to side dishes, and this recipe is one of the easiest to get going in the oven while preparing the rest of the meal. These potatoes can be seasoned in a variety of ways with different herbs, garlic, and even lemon zest if you like. I usually like roasted potatoes seasoned very simply with olive oil, kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper. Sometimes at the end of cooking (about the last 5 to 8 minutes), I’ll toss in some chopped fresh garlic for a great boost of flavor. Fresh thyme and rosemary are great additions as well.
Tips for the best Roasted Potatoes:
- A Starchy potato is the best way to go for a crispy outside and fluffy inside. Choose Russet, Idaho or Yukon Gold. However, you can still use a waxy potato, like the fingerling potatoes in this recipe, they will just be firmer, but all the while, delicious!
- Keep potatoes in a single layer and don’t overcrowd them so that the oven’s heat is evenly distributed.
- Preheat your pan in the oven while you’re preparing the potatoes. Doing this will sear the outsides and get them crispier.
Need More Delicious Side Dish Recipes? Try these:
Have you made any of my recipes? Post it on Instagram and tag @jennifercooks123 and #jennifercooks!
- 2 pounds fingerling or red new potatoes
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 clove fresh chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary leaves, minced
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line a jellyroll pan with foil and place foil-lined pan in the oven while it preheats. (This step helps prevent the potatoes from sticking and creates a nice sear on them.
- Place potatoes, oil and seasonings in a large zip top bag; seal and shake until potatoes are evenly coated (you may also place the ingredients into a large bowl and toss with a spoon to coat).
- When oven is fully preheated, carefully remove the hot pan and dump seasoned potatoes onto pan. With a spatula, spread the potatoes evenly across pan in a single layer.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until golden brown and fork-tender.