Spicy, sweet Green Chile and Cheddar Corn Muffins. The perfect sidekick to a bowl of chili!
Sometimes called Mexican Cornbread, this cornbread combines some great South-of-the-Border flavors. I used Jiffy Cornbread Muffin Mix, which is sweetened, and I like the contrast it gives to the chiles and cheese.
If you don’t like sweet cornbread, feel free to substitute your favorite cornbread recipe or mix.
These muffins are chocked full of whole corn kernels and have a great cheddar flavor.
I used fresh red Serrano pepper slices to garnish the top before baking for garnish and added flavor, but this is optional. I used hot green chiles, but you can use mild or if you don’t like green chiles, you can always substitute sliced green onions.
Green Chile & Cheddar Corn Muffins
Servings: 10 -12 muffins
- 1 pkg 8.5 oz JIFFY Corn Muffin Mix
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/3 c milk
- 15.2 oz can whole kernel corn well drained
- 1 c sharp cheddar cheese grated
- ½ c onion finely diced
- 4 oz can green chiles
- 2 t chili powder
- ½ t salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, grease muffin tin.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and mix with a spoon until just combined. Divide batter into 12 well greased muffin tins. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and set.
Leave a Reply