Tomato season is starting soon and this fresh tomato salad is the perfect way to savor the king of the garden! This fresh tomato salad is packed with sweet and savory flavors that bring out the best in vine-ripened tomatoes.
I don’t know about you, but where I’m at, it’s burnin’ up! We’ve had triple digit temperatures for the past 3 weeks and our garden has pretty much dried up. With a busy work/homeschool schedule, along with the crazy hot temps, I haven’t felt like getting out in the garden to take care of it. It’s just miserable outside. I’m embarrassed to say that I have weeds up to my knees in certain places! Oh, well. I guess that’s the way it goes. I’m not going to worry about it too much. We’ll clean it all out in the next week or two and start planting for the fall.
Fresh Tomato Salad
- 2 pounds cherry or pear tomatoes
- 3 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded fresh basil
- In a medium bowl, combine balsamic vinegar and sugar; whisk to combine. Slowly whisk in oil. Toss tomatoes lightly in dressing with 1/4 cup shredded basil; season with salt and pepper to taste. Pour into serving dish and sprinkle with remaining basil.
- If you have time, let this salad sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes to let the flavors marry. Toss lightly before serving.
Leave a Reply