Get all the comforting Fall flavors with these Pumpkin Spice Pancakes drizzled with decadent Vanilla Cream Syrup!
These Pumpkin Spice Pancakes are truly the best I’ve ever had and are actually very easy to make. You probably have almost all of the ingredients on hand! The Vanilla Cream Syrup is the perfect match for these delicious pancakes. The rich and buttery syrup doesn’t cover up the delicate pumpkin flavor of the pancakes, it accents them very well.
The Vanilla Cream Syrup will separate at room temperature but don’t worry, you just have to stir it well before using. Because this syrup has butter and cream added, keep it refrigerated. It will firm up in the refrigerator, but it’s easy to microwave before serving.
If you like Pumpkin Spice anything, you’ll love these Pumpkin Spice Pancakes! The pumpkin and buttermilk in this recipe make the pancakes very moist. This recipe uses all of the pumpkin pie spices like cinnamon, cloves, and ginger.
I like to serve Pumpkin Spice Pancakes with toasted pecans for an added flavor dimension.
Tips for the best pancakes:
- Whisk your dry ingredients together to make sure all of the ingredients are blended well.
- It’s ok for the batter to be lumpy! DO NOT OVERMIX…it will make tough and chewy pancakes. Mix ingredients together just until they are blended.
- Mix your pancakes right in a pitcher for easy pouring onto the griddle, or use my favorite pancake dispenser!
Need more pumpkin spice in your life? Check out these great recipes!
Have you made any of my recipes? Post it on Instagram and tag @jennifercooks123 and #jennifercooks!
Pumpkin Spice Pancakes with Vanilla Cream Syrup
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients and whisk together.
- Add wet ingredients to the flour mixture and stir just until moistened. Do not overmix.
- Heat griddle or skillet over medium heat and brush lightly with vegetable oil.
- Pour pancake batter by large spoonfuls and cook until light and bubbles begin to form around the edges and on top.
- Flip over and continue to cook for an additional 1 or 2 minutes, or until done.
- Serve warm with warmed Vanilla Cream Syrup.
Vanilla Cream Syrup
- 1 cup clear corn syrup
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Heat the corn syrup, butter, sugar and cream in a medium saucepan until sugar is dissolved and mixture comes to a boil.Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and salt.Store in refrigerator in a covered container until ready to use. Serve warm.