This Pina Colada Cake is super moist and combines your favorite tropical cocktail into one delicious cake!
I love to make this Pina Colada Cake, especially in the summer when it’s hot and I’m craving something cool and sweet. I keep it in the refrigerator, which keeps it moist and super cold and makes for a delicious, splurge of a snack!
This Pina Colada Cake is a simple poke cake recipe that combines a lot of the ingredients in a Pina Colada, like sweetened condensed coconut cream, crushed pineapple and sweetened coconut. You could always add about 1/4 cup of rum to the cake batter and a tablespoon or so of rum to the coconut cream to give it a truly authentic flavor. I hope you enjoy!
More Desserts?! Try these recipes:
Have you made any of my recipes? Post it on Instagram and tag @jennifercooks123 and #jennifercooks!
Pina Colada Cake
- For the cake:
- 1 box vanilla cake mix used: Betty Crocker Butter Recipe Yellow
- 3 eggs
- 1 stick butter softened
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/4 cup coconut rum optional: if using, reduce water by 1/4 cup
- For the Drizzle:
- 1 15 oz can sweetened condensed coconut cream (used: Coco Lopez Cream of Coconut)
- 1 teaspoon coconut rum or coconut extract
- For the Topping:
- 1 8 oz container Cool Whip topping
- 1 8 oz container sour cream
- 1 8 oz can crushed pineapple, drained well
- 1/2 to 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- For the Cake: Mix and bake cake according to package directions. Remove cake from oven and let cool for about 5 minutes.
- Poke holed all over cake with the handle of a wooden spoon, skewer or fork.
- For the Drizzle: Combine cream of coconut and rum and mix well. Pour all over cake, allowing it to seep into all the holes and soak in.
- For the topping: After cake has completely cooled, combine Cool Whip, sour cream and powdered sugar and mix well. Fold in well drained pineapple and coconut and spread onto top of cake.
- Cover cake pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate for several hours or overnight before serving.