Peach Shortcake is just like strawberry shortcakes and are wonderful to make in the summer with fresh peaches. I think fresh peaches are one of the best treats of the summer! There’s nothining quite like biting into a sweet, fresh peach, except maybe biting into a warm, sweet peach cobbler or peach shortcake.
Peaches are one of the top fruit crops here in Texas and the Texas Hill Country has some of the best peaches around! Fredericksburg Peaches or Stonewall Peaches are wonderful! If you make a trip to Fredericksburg you can find numerous orchards where you can pick your own and you’ll also see roadside stands where you can purchase them as well. TexasPeaches.com has a list and map of orchard locations. Be sure to check out this website before your next trip!
I hope you enjoy this very simple, country-style recipe for Peach Shortcake!
Need more sweet treats? Check out my some of my other delicious desserts:
The Best Banana Pudding Recipe
Servings: 6 servings
- 4 cups fresh peaches peeled, pitted & sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 1/3 cups Bisquick Original baking mix
- ½ cup milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter softened
- Coarse sugar optional
- Place sliced peaches in a medium bowl and stir in 1/2 cup sugar. Stir well and cover with plastic wrap. Place in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 425º.
- In a medium bowl, combine Bisquick, milk, 3 tablespoons sugar and butter. Stir with a wooden spoon just until everything is incorporated and a soft dough forms.
- Scoop out dough onto an ungreased baking sheet, making about 6 drop biscuits. Sprinkle with coarse sugar, if desired.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until shortcakes are golden brown. Remove from oven and cool for about 5 minutes on the pan.
- Remove from pan with a spatula onto serving plates.
- Cut the shortcakes in half to make a top and a bottom. Spoon a generous portion of sweetened peaches over the shortcake bottoms. Cover with shortcake tops.
- Serve with fresh whipped cream or ice cream.
Leave a Reply