Need more sweet treats? Check out my some of my other delicious desserts:
- 4 cups fresh peaches peeled, pitted & sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 1/3 cups Bisquick Original baking mix
- ½ cup milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter softened
- Coarse sugar optional
- Place sliced peaches in a medium bowl and stir in 1/2 cup sugar. Stir well and cover with plastic wrap. Place in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 425º.
- In a medium bowl, combine Bisquick, milk, 3 tablespoons sugar and butter. Stir with a wooden spoon just until everything is incorporated and a soft dough forms.
- Scoop out dough onto an ungreased baking sheet, making about 6 drop biscuits. Sprinkle with coarse sugar, if desired.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until shortcakes are golden brown. Remove from oven and cool for about 5 minutes on the pan.
- Remove from pan with a spatula onto serving plates.
- Cut the shortcakes in half to make a top and a bottom. Spoon a generous portion of sweetened peaches over the shortcake bottoms. Cover with shortcake tops.
- Serve with fresh whipped cream or ice cream.