Bacon-Wrapped Green Bean Bundles are an easy, elegant side dish to any meal for any occasion!
Green Bean Bundles have become a popular dish at our house for different holiday times. Seasoned with a sweet and savory sauce, this side dish is not only flavorful and tasty but also looks like you went all out fancy when it’s really very simple.
We make Green Bean Bundles for many occasions, usually at Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas. They also been known to make appearances on a weeknight meal of grilled steaks or meatloaf!
So, don’t be intimidated by thinking they’re tedious and time-consuming to make. They’re really not… plus, you can make them in advance by a couple of days.
Certainly, don’t feel too overwhelmed with this recipe. If you’re in a rush and don’t want to take the time to wrap individual bundles, I’ve tossed all of the ingredients together and dumped them into a greased casserole and baked according to instructions for a scoop-and-serve side dish. It tastes just as good!
(If you do this, make sure to cut the bacon into bite-sized pieces and cut the green beans in half).
Tips for making Green Bean Bundles:
- Allow the bacon to sit at room temperature for about 10 to 15 minutes before using. This will allow it to be stretched without breaking into chunks.
- These can easily be assembled a day or two in advance. The sauce can even be poured over the bundles ahead of time. Just cover and refrigerate the dish until you’re ready to bake.
- Finally, it’s important to cover the dish with foil as the instructions say after 15 minutes, otherwise, the beans will become tough and chewy.
More Side Dish inspiration!
Have you made any of my recipes? Post it on Instagram and tag @jennifercooks123 and #jennifercooks!
Green Bean Bundles
- 32 oz bag Fresh Whole French Green Beans
- 1 lb. Bacon cut into thirds
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar packed
- 1 Stick Salted Butter
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 2 Cloves Fresh Garlic chopped
- Place unopened bag of green beans in the microwave and cook for 4 minutes on high. Turn the bag over and cook for an additional 4 minutes.
- Carefully remove the bag from the microwave using hot pads. DO NOT OPEN.
- Allow bag to cool for an additional 4 minutes.
- Open bag, and when cool enough to handle proceed to the following:
- Wrap 6 beans with a third slice of bacon. Place seam side down in a large baking dish.
- Mix packed brown sugar, butter, soy sauce and garlic in sauce pan and bring to a boil stirring constantly.
- Pour over beans.
- Bake at 350 for 15 min.
- Cover with foil and continue baking for 30 min.
Mike Marko says
This is a great new recipe to follow. Love it!