This French Silk Chocolate Pie is a chocolate lover’s dream dessert! The light and fluffy, intensely chocolate mousse filling will melt in your mouth and have everyone vying for the last piece!
I first tried French Silk Chocolate Pie at a local restaurant when I was in High School and I was in love at first bite! Growing up, my family made the traditional chocolate pudding pie and I still love that pie, but the delicious mousse filling of this pie makes this chocolate pie my favorite!
HOW TO MAKE FRENCH SILK CHOCOLATE PIE
- The first step is to prepare and blind bake (bake without filling) the pie crust. You can buy refrigerated pie dough as a shortcut, but if you want to take it over the top, use my favorite homemade pie crust recipe.
- Next, melt the chocolate and whip the cream to stiff peaks.
- The next step, combine the eggs, sugar, and water and whisk in a bowl over a pan of simmering water (also called a bain-marie).
- Now, add the melted chocolate, vanilla, and butter. Continue mixing until Once everything is smooth and combined.
- Fold the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture.
- Spread the chocolate filling in the pie shell and refrigerate for a few hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, top with my Stabilized Whipped Cream and my Chocolate Curls!
MORE DELICIOUS DESSERTS!
HAVE YOU MADE ANY OF MY RECIPES? POST THEM ON INSTAGRAM AND TAG @jennifercooks123 AND #jennifercooks!
- 1 cup heavy cream chilled
- 3 large eggs
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate melted and cooled
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 8 tablespoons 1 stick unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces and softened
- 1 9-inch pie shell, baked and cooled
- 1 recipe Stabilized Whipped Cream optional
- Chocolate Curls optional
- Melt chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl: melt chocolate in the microwave at 30-second intervals, stirring between times, until melted and smooth; set aside to cool to room temperature.
- With an electric mixer on medium-high speed, whip cream to stiff peaks, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer whipped cream to a small bowl and refrigerate.
- Combine eggs, sugar, and water in a large heatproof bowl set it over a medium saucepan filled with ½ inch barely simmering water (don’t let the bowl touch water).
- With an electric mixer, beat mixture on medium speed until egg mixture is thickened, about 7 to 10 minutes.
- Remove bowl from heat and continue to beat egg mixture until light yellow, fluffy and cooled to room temperature, about 8 minutes.
- Add chocolate and vanilla to cool egg mixture and beat until incorporated.
- Beat in butter, a few pieces at a time, until well combined.
- Using a spatula, fold in chilled whipped cream until no streaks of white remain.
- Pour filling into cooled pie shell and refrigerate until set, at least 3 hours and up to 24 hours.
- If desired, top with Stabilized Whipped Cream and Chocolate Curls.
You will need a fully baked pie shell for this recipe. Use your favorite pie dough or use my Buttery Flaky Pie Crust recipe. Serve with lightly sweetened whipped cream.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Porcelain Pie Pan, 9 Inches Pie Plate, White
Harold Import, Mrs. Anderson's Pie Weights
Mrs. Anderson’s Baking Pie Crust Protector Shield, Fits 9.5-Inch and 10-Inch Pie Plates, Set of 2
Farberware Professional Pie Server (Stainless Steel), Metallic, Small -
Deluxe Cupcake Set-Extra Large Stainless Steel Decorating Tips, Bismark Tip & Reusable Pastry Bag
Heat Resistant Spatulas
Stainless Steel Double Boiler
Batter Bowl w/Lid
Best Handheld Electric Mixer
Serving Size:1 slice (1/8th of Pie)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 520Total Fat: 41gSaturated Fat: 25gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 135mgSodium: 76mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 5gSugar: 15gProtein: 9g