Have you ever had Broccoli Salad? If not, then you’re in for a treat! This is also my husband’s favorite salad, he just loves it! I usually make extra so that he has plenty to snack on whenever he wants.
I like to serve this colorful salad in the place of coleslaw almost every time. I prefer broccoli salad over coleslaw because of the greater combination of flavors and colors. It has the same sweet and tangy dressing, but is much heartier and everyone usually raves about how much they like this salad.
In this recipe, broccoli is finely chopped along with red onion, crumbled fried bacon, raisins, dried cranberries and crunchy sunflower seeds, and combined with a sweet and creamy dressing. Serve it alongside my Cajun Fried Catfish, Smoked Chicken Leg Quarters or at potluck or holiday dinners. I hope you enjoy!
- 6 broccoli crowns, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 pound bacon, fried, drained & crumbled
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1½ cups mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons white vinegar
- ½ cup sugar
- Fry bacon, drain and crumble; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine chopped broccoli, red onion, raisins and cranberries.
- Combine dressing ingredients and stir into broccoli mixture to combine; cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Right before serving, stir in bacon and sunflower seeds;
Incoming search terms:
- broccoli Recipe