Try this simple Almond Poppy Seed Bread with a sweet almond glaze! This moist cake is perfect for a quick breakfast on the go!
Almond Poppy Seed Bread brings back so many great memories of long leisurely mornings solving the world’s problems with my faithful and dear friend, Becky. Back in the day of toddlers and elementary age kids, we would get together at least once a week at her house or mine and eat breakfast together and drink loads of coffee while we chatted the morning away. Becky is always a wonderful host and has plenty of goodies to share, and on one morning, she shared this wonderful Almond Poppy Seed Bread that I devoured in a flash and then begged for the recipe. She gladly shared her recipe and I’ve been making it ever since.
Every time I bite into this sweet almond-y bread I remember those visits and wish we lived closer so that we could pick back up where we left off. I miss those mornings so much. Becky lives about 2 hours away now, but we keep in touch and visit each other whenever we can. I hate how distance and life can get in the way, but I sure love how we are able to maintain our sister-like friendship no matter where we are in the world! I hope you enjoy this easy recipe as much as I do…and make sure to share it with a good friend!
Looking for more breakfast ideas? Try these:
Have you made any of my recipes? Post it on Instagram and tag @jennifercooks123 and #jennifercooks!
Almond Poppy Seed Bread
- 1 Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 3.4 oz box Instant Vanilla Pudding
- ½ cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon almond extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup very warm water from tap
- Almond Glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- pinch of kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl and stir until combined (do not over beat or bread will come out chewy).
- Pour into a greased and floured loaf pan (1/2 -2/3 full) or a bundt pan that has been greased and floured.
- Bake at 350 for 40-50 minutes (until toothpick inserted near center comes out with sticky crumbs).
- Cool for 15 minutes, then invert cake plate over pan and turn out bread onto serving plate.
- Cool completely, then drizzle with almond glaze.
- For Almond Glaze: In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients until there are no more lumps.