Pad Thai is basically a classic stir-fry of rice noodles that requires little time and usually comes together in less than 30 minutes. This common street-food is an easy but fast-moving dish, so be sure to have everything chopped and ready to go before you begin.
Traditionally, Pad Thai is made with rice noodles, however I was out of them and substituted with linguini. It actually made this dish a little heartier because the noodles were a little more dense, but the flavors were great and came together really well. Maybe less traditional, but the linguine was a good substitute in my opinion.
Pad Thai is a simply satisfying dish that’s packed with flavor, quick and easy, and the perfect one pot weeknight meal.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 3 to 4), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 5 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon Asian fish sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1½ teaspoons rice-wine vinegar
- 3½ tablespoons sugar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- ¾ pound linguine
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- ⅔ cup salted peanuts, chopped fine
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- ½ cup lightly packed cilantro leaves
- In a medium bowl, combine the fish sauce, water, 1½ tablespoons lime juice, vinegar, sugar, salt, and cayenne; set aside.
- In a pot of boiling, salted water, cook linguine until al-dente, about 12 minutes. Drain, rinse with cool water, and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a wok or large frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and cook, stirring often, until just done, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove to a paper-towel lined dish; set aside.
- Put the remaining oil in the pan, add garlic and cook, stirring constantly, for about 30 seconds, do not brown or burn.
- Immediately add the pasta and fish-sauce mixture.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until nearly all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Stir in the cooked chicken.
- Remove from heat. Stir in remaining lime juice, bean sprouts, and half the cilantro.
- Garnish with remaining peanuts and cilantro.
- Serve Immediately.
Incoming search terms:
- thad pai recipe
- thad pai
- easy chicken pad thai recipe
- tad pai recipes
- tad pai chicken
Originally posted 2010-05-08 13:00:00. Republished by Blog Post Promoter