Make restaurant quality Pad Thai at home with this quick and easy recipe.
Asian cuisine is one of my favorites to eat and to cook. If you know me, you know that I love hot and spicy, the hotter the better. I love the bold herbs and spices along with the sweet and sour aspects of Asian dishes; the way polarizing ingredients are used to interestingly create a satisfying balance of flavors always leaves me satisfied and then craving more in no time.
Pad Thai is basically a classic stir-fry of rice noodles that requires little time and usually comes together in less than 30 minutes. This common street-food is an easy but fast-moving dish, so be sure to have everything chopped and ready to go before you begin.
Traditionally, Pad Thai is made with rice noodles, however, I was out of them and substituted with linguini. It actually made this dish a little heartier because the noodles were a little denser, but the flavors were great and came together really well. Maybe less traditional, but the linguine was a good substitute in my opinion.
Pad Thai is a simply satisfying dish that’s packed with flavor, quick and easy, and the perfect one-pot weeknight meal.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 3 to 4), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 5 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon Asian fish sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1½ teaspoons
- 3½ tablespoons sugar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- ¾ pound linguine
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- ⅔ cup salted peanuts, chopped fine
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- ½ cup lightly packed cilantro leaves
- In a medium bowl, combine the fish sauce, water, 1½ tablespoons lime juice, vinegar, sugar, salt, and cayenne; set aside.
- In a pot of boiling, salted water, cook linguine until al-dente, about 12 minutes. Drain, rinse with cool
water,and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a wok or large frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and cook, stirring often, until just done, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove to a
paper-towel lineddish; set aside.
- Put the remaining oil in the pan, add garlic and cook, stirring constantly, for about 30 seconds, do not brown or burn.
- Immediately add the pasta and fish-sauce mixture.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until nearly all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Stir in the cooked chicken.
- Remove from heat. Stir in remaining lime juice, bean sprouts, and half the cilantro.
- Garnish with remaining peanuts and cilantro.
- Serve Immediately.
Incoming search terms:
- thad pai recipe
- thad pai
- easy chicken pad thai recipe
Originally posted 2010-05-08 13:00:00. Republished by Blog Post Promoter