My mom has been making the best pecan pie recipe for years! This buttery and rich pie is hands-down my favorite! Plan to make more than one because it will go in a flash!
Because the Pecan tree is the Texas state tree, Pecan Pie is naturally one of the favorites by locals and for me it takes top priority during the holidays.
This pecan pie recipe originates with my grandmother who got it off of the back of the Karo Syrup bottle. Over the years it has been tweaked and perfected by my mom to make it outstanding. Once you take your first bite, you’ll know why it’s my all-time favorite.
Why is this The Best Pecan Pie Recipe?
- Simplicity is the first reason this pie is so great. With just 8 ingredients you’ll have the most delicious pie to serve.
- Light corn syrup is used so that additional flavors don’t disguise the star of the show – the pecan!
- Brown sugar replaces the traditional white sugar for a deeper flavor and the amount of sugar is slightly decreased so that the sweetness doesn’t overpower the nuttiness of the pie.
- A little salt is added to balance the sweetness.
- Butter is increased to give this recipe a rich, velvety texture.
- Pecans are increased, because…Pecans!
Tips for The Best Pecan Pie:
- For the BEST homemade pie crust, use my Buttery Flaky Pie Crust recipe.
- When mixing the filling, make sure that you don’t over whip. Over beating the filling will cause it to become foamy and will make the filling look cloudy.
- Keep an eye on the crust as it bakes. Typically it will need to be covered within about 20 minutes of baking.
- You can make pecan pie ahead of time and freeze them easily. Bake the pies as directly and cool them completely. Wrap them in several layers of plastic wrap and then place them into a zip-top bag or sealable container and freeze them up to three months. Thaw them in the refrigerator overnight and then place them on the counter at room temperature for a few hours before serving.
- Refrigerated pie dough can be used in place of homemade. I love easy shortcuts like this especially during the rush of holiday baking!
Need More Delicious Dessert Recipes? Here are more reader favorites!
Have you made any of my recipes? Post it on Instagram and tag @jennifercooks123 and #jennifercooks!
The Best Pecan Pie Recipe
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 3 eggs beaten
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ¾ stick butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cup pecans coarsely chopped
- 1 9- inch pie crust unbaked
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare the piecrust.
- Roll pie dough out into a circle 12-inches in diameter.
- Carefully place the dough into a 9-inch pie plate.
- Press the dough firmly to the pie plate with your fingers, making sure it is smooth.
- Crimp edges for a decorative crust.
- Place the prepared pie crust and pan into the refrigerator while you are preparing the rest.
- Combine the first 7 ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk to combine well, but do not whip.
- Pour into piecrust and bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes or until middle is set.
- When crust gets to desired color (usually after about 20 minutes), cover edges with foil or pie shields until pie is done. You can also tent a piece of aluminum foil over the whole pie if it is browning too quickly.
- Remove finished pie from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool completely. The pie filling will settle as it cools.
- Slice and serve slightly warm or at room temperature.
- Cover and store leftover pie at room temperature for up to 2 days or in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Caroline | RD-Licious says
Nothing like a classic pecan pie recipe…looks delicious!