If you’ve had stuffed mushrooms before but haven’t been impressed, I want you to try these. I think you’ll be amazed at flavorful combination of breakfast sausage, spinach, garlic and parmesan cheese. The cream cheese and heavy cream give them an obvious creaminess that make these taste like they came from a fine restaurant and just melt in your mouth.
You can serve these mushrooms as an appetizer, or eat several of them as a meal. You can also use this same recipe to stuff Portobello mushrooms for an entree-size serving. Scroll to the bottom to see the quick video, and please share on your favorite social media sites! I hope you enjoy!
[vsw id=”Ig9TVdf_o_c” source=”youtube” width=”600″ height=”544″ autoplay=”no”]
- 20-30 Cremini or White Button Mushrooms
- 1 pounds Regular Breakfast Sausage
- 4 green onions chopped
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 2 cloves Garlic Finely Minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces fluid Cream Cheese
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese Grated
- Brown and crumble sausage. Set aside to cool.
- Add onions and garlic to the same skillet; cook for 2 minutes over medium low heat.
- Add in chopped garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Stir in spinach a handful at a time and sauté until wilted.
- Add salt, pepper and nutmeg, stir to combine.
- Stir in heavy cream, then cream cheese.
- Break up cream cheese with a wooden spoon and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Set mixture aside to cool.
- When mixture is lukewarm, stir in parmesan cheese; set aside
- Gently remove stems from mushrooms; set aside.
- Lightly oil a baking dish and place mushroom caps inside, to fit snuggly.
- Using a small cookie scoop, fill the caps with a generous amount of sausage filling.
- Bake at 400• for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown. Allow to cool at least 5 minutes before serving.