One of my good friends occasionally makes home brew and we like to do tastings together. He likes his beer pretty hoppy, while my husband and I prefer porters, stouts and lagers. He makes all kinds – he even made a Blackberry Beer late one summer after we harvested a bumper crop of blackberries, it was pretty good! It’s always fun to get together and taste test, and we always have snacks to munch on in between!
This beer cheese is perfect for any get together, whether you’re having a party or just hanging out with friends. I made it with my favorite local beer, Shiner, since I didn’t have any home brew on hand. This cheese will have a beer flavor so use whatever you really like.
You can serve this cold or warm. If you’re serving it warm, just slowly warm it over low heat whisking constantly, or in the microwave, heating 1 minute at a time, stirring between sessions until it’s warm. I usually serve mine cold as a spread. Serve it up with Soft Pretzels, Pumpernickel Bread, Tortilla Chips or your favorite Crackers, and of course, your favorite beer! Enjoy!
- 1 pound sharp cheddar, grated or diced
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- ⅔ cups beer
- Place all ingredients except cream cheese and beer in a food process and blend until finely chopped.
- Remove lid and add ½ cup beer and blend.
- Add in cream cheese and more beer if needed to reach a creamy, spreadable consistency.,Cover and refrigerate 1 hour before serving.
- Serve with my warm Soft Pretzels, Pumpernickel Bread, Tortilla Chips, Crackers or Veggies!
- Cover and store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.