This is a very simple recipe I threw together one night recently. I pulled out some ingredients from the fridge and put together this light and easy weeknight meal. Tilapia is a popular and inexpensive fish and is mild in flavor, so it’s important that you choose flavors that you like and that you want to stand out. I love dill, lemon and garlic, so that’s what I used here.
- 6 Tilapia fillets
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced dill (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- ¼ teaspoon paprika, optional for color
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Thaw fish fillets if frozen and pat dry with paper towels. Slice one lemon into slices and remove seeds. Zest the second lemon and save remaining lemon for another use or discard. In a small bowl, combine minced garlic, lemon zest, dill, paprika, salt, and pepper; mix well.
- Spread about 1 teaspoon butter mixture onto each fillet, then top with lemon slice and a sprig of dill or an extra sprinkle of dried dillweed.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork.
Incoming search terms:
- Lemon Dill Tilapia
- TILAPIA FILLET mail