Jumbo Walnut Fudge Brownies
- 1 ½ sticks salted butter
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate chopped
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 6 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons strong-brewed espresso
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnut halves lightly toasted and coarsely chopped (optional)
- ½ teaspoon sea salt (optional for sprinkling on top)
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Spray a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. In microwave, melt the butter with the chopped chocolate for 1 minute at a time, stirring in between to check for melting and hot spots. In a small bowl, whisk the flour with the baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, using a handheld mixer, beat the eggs with the sugar at medium-high speed until pale and thick, about 2 minutes. Beat in the vanilla and espresso. Add the flour mixture and beat until just incorporated. Beat in the melted chocolate at medium speed. Using a spatula, stir in the chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and sprinkle evenly with ½ teaspoon sea salt. Bake in the center of the oven for about 1 hour, until the top is shiny and lightly cracked, the edges are set and the center is still a little jiggly. Transfer the dish to a rack and let cool completely.
- Cut the brownie into 20 large rectangles and serve.