What is an Italian Margarita?
Italian Margarita is a twist on the traditional Margarita that is made with tequila, fresh lime juice, and an orange liqueur like Cointreau. An Italian Margarita adds the additional flavor of almond liqueur, like Disarano Amaretto.
More beverage inspiration! Try these recipes:
Have you made any of my recipes? Post it on Instagram and tag @jennifercooks123 and #jennifercooks!
- (This makes 2 blender pitchers...so divide ingredients in half for 1 pitcher)
- My measurements are by using the empty can
- 1 (6 oz) can
- 1 can tequila
- ⅔ can Cointreau or triple sec
- ⅔ can Disaranno Amaretto
- ½ can orange juice
- 1 packet or 1 tsp Splenda
- Dip rims of glasses in amaretto, then into sugar; set aside.
- Combine all ingredients into the pitcher of the blender.
- Add ice by small handfuls while
blenderis running on med-high and continue adding until you reach your desired consistency. (Adding the ice in small batches makes for a smooth frozen margarita!)