Pimento Cheese is a savory Southern sandwich spread that’s quick and easy to make! Pimento Cheese is a simple combination of cheddar and American cheeses with pimiento peppers and other seasonings. It’s one of those foods that conjure up church fellowships and sandwich suppers from when I was little. Pimento cheese sandwiches were the first thing I’d grab for, and still do today if they’re being served!
This quick and easy recipe is a combination of the way my grandmother and my husbands grandmother made theirs. I love it! Use pimento cheese as a delicious sandwich spread or slathered on crackers, or a dip for fresh cut vegetables. Some folks even use it to make grilled cheese sandwiches or as an additional topping to burgers.
Homemade Pimento Cheese
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese grated
- 1 1/2 cups Velveeta processed cheese grated
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- 1-4 oz. jar chopped pimentos drained
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise not the sweet kind
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Combine all the ingredients in a medium bowl and mix thoroughly to combine. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.