This creamy chicken and wild rice soup is packed with flavor and perfect for warming up on chilly nights. Chicken, Wild Rice and a cheesy creamy base make this velvety soup so comforting.
It’s finally cooling off here in Texas. The heat has lasted way too long this year, and I’m ready for a break! We don’t get much wintry weather here in Central Texas, but it does get crisp and cold in the late fall through February. I’m so looking forward to warm soups and stews, and fun evenings with family around the fire pit! This Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup is sure to hit the spot and get me into a Fall frame of mind!
My mom introduced me to this soup recipe many years ago, and I absolutely love it! It has multiple ingredients that make it a very hearty soup that is great served as an evening 1-pot meal. Serve with crusty French bread and butter for a complete meal.
I have so many soup recipes to share in the future, but if you’re looking for more, check out these great soup and stew recipes from my site!
Have you made any of my recipes? Post it on Instagram and tag @jennifercooks123 and #jennifercooks!
Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
- 1 box Uncle Ben’s Wild Rice cooked
- ½ pound bacon fried & crumbled
- ½ onion diced (sautéed in bacon grease)
- 1 can cream of potato soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups half & half
- 4 cans chicken broth
- 1 cup Velveeta cubed
- 1 cup chicken cooked & cubed
- 1 bunch fresh parsley leaves finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Fry bacon and crumble, set aside.
- In bacon grease, sauté onion until tender.
- Add all remaining ingredients and heat through.