Let the smoker heat up to 225°F before placing the bacon in the smoker.
Place the bacon into the smoker and let it smoke for about 1 hour over indirect heat.
After an hour, take it out of the smoker and flip the bacon pieces over to the other side, making sure the pieces do not touch. Sprinkle on more cajun sugar mixture.
Smoke for an additional hour.
Let it cool for about 30-60 minutes before eating it for best results.
- 2 pounds thick sliced bacon
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Cajun Dry Rub (recipe below)
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with foil.
- In a small bowl, whisk the brown sugar with the
- Arrange the bacon strips (not touching) on the foil and coat the tops with the cajun sugar.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until caramelized and almost crisp.
- Transfer the bacon to a cooling rack set over a foil-lined sheet pan to cool completely; serve.
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2½ teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1¼ teaspoons dried oregano
- 1¼ teaspoons dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes optional or adjust to taste
- Stir all ingredients together and store in an airtight container.