- 8 ounces Paneer Cheese cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 large bunches fresh spinach washed thoroughly and finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic peeled
- 1 piece ginger peeled
- 1 serrano pepper stemmed and chopped
- ½ teaspoon Garam Masala
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- Salt to taste
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat ghee or butter over medium heat. Add cheese and lightly brown on both sides , about 5 minutes; transfer with a spatula to a plate and set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, place ¼ cup water, ginger, garlic, and Serrano pepper. Puree until a smooth paste forms. Heat skillet over medium heat and add ghee. Add paste and cook, stirring constantly for about 30 seconds. Add spinach and season with salt to taste. Cook, stirring often, until spinach is thoroughly wilted and soft. Stir in garam masala, red pepper flakes, and cream.
- Add fried cheese to the spinach mixture, cover, and continue cooking until cream thickens, about 15 minutes. Serve warm.