Have you ever roasted green beans? Well, I did the other night and my husband said that they were now his favorite way to eat green beans. What?! From the Texas man who loves them boiled down with half a pound of bacon, served well done?
Yes, they were that good.
They didn’t look real pretty, but they tasted delicious. I drizzled the trimmed, fresh green beans with a little olive oil, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, salt and pepper and popped them in the oven for about 20 to 30 minutes which caramelized the balsamic vinegar and added a savory sweetness to the green beans. I can’t wait for our garden this summer to do this again with fresh green beans!
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, stem ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar, optional
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, olive oil, salt and pepper. Add green beans and toss to coat well.
- Pour green beans out onto a foil-lined baking sheet. Spread out green beans into an even layer and drizzle with remaining oil mixture.
- Roast in oven for 15 minutes; remove and toss green beans again. Return to oven for an additional 15 minutes. (Most of the balsamic should be caramelized by now and a glaze will form on the beans.)
Incoming search terms:
- Roasted Green Beans