I’ve never been a huge fan of marinara sauces – maybe because I’ve never had a really good one, until now! I like fresh sauces that have fresh garlic and herb flavor, something simple. After trying my hand at cooked sauces, I decided to try my hand at a raw sauce that I could make in a blender. After all, a lot of salsas that I make are blender salsas, so why wouldn’t a marinara work this way? Well, after a little trial and error, I have made my favorite Raw Marinara Sauce.
With only 7 ingredients, this light marinara sauce is packed with flavor, and comes together in just a few minutes using a blender.
This sauce is perfect on vegetables, pasta, chicken, fish, and my Sourdough Pizza Crust! I hope you enjoy!
Raw Marinara Sauce
- 2 14.5 oz cans fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves loosely packed
- 2 sprigs fresh oregano stripped of leaves (use leaves only)
- 1 clove garlic
- 10 oil packed sun dried tomato halves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice about 1 small lemon
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- In the jar of a blender, combine all ingredients.
- Puree until smooth.