I’ve never been a huge fan of marinara sauces – maybe because I’ve never had a really good one, until now! I like fresh sauces that have fresh garlic and herb flavor, something simple. After trying my hand at cooked sauces, I decided to try my hand at a raw sauce that I could make in a blender. After all, a lot of salsas that I make are blender salsas, so why wouldn’t a marinara work this way? Well, after a little trial and error, I have made my favorite Raw Marinara Sauce.
With only 7 ingredients, this light marinara sauce is packed with flavor, and comes together in just a few minutes using a blender.
This sauce is perfect on vegetables, pasta, chicken, fish, and my Sourdough Pizza Crust! I hope you enjoy!
Raw Marinara Sauce
- 2 14.5 oz cans fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves loosely packed
- 2 sprigs fresh oregano stripped of leaves (use leaves only)
- 1 clove garlic
- 10 oil packed sun dried tomato halves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice about 1 small lemon
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- In the jar of a blender, combine all ingredients.
- Puree until smooth.
Can I make this pasta sauce and freeze it
Hi Brandee! Yes you can freeze this sauce. Just portion the sauce into freezer zip top bags, squeeze excess air out and freeze flat.