Portobella mushrooms are great…well…if you’re a mushroom lover like me. These monstrosities have such a dense meaty texture that they can pose for a burger like my Portobello Burgers with Pesto Mayo. They’re terrific grilled, sauteed and stuffed too! I saw a pin on my favorite place, Pinterest, for Portobello Pizzas and decided to give it a whirl and I’m glad I did! They were delicious and filling, and I didn’t really miss the bread in the pizza dough. They’re perfect for anyone working a low carb diet.
- 2 portobello mushrooms, stemmed & scraped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pizza sauce
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- 10 slices pepperoni
- ¼ cup sliced black olives
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove stems from mushrooms and scrape the gills (the black underside). Drizzle with olive oil and place on a lined baking sheet. Bake for about 7 minutes. Drain liquid off of mushrooms and pat dry with clean paper towels. Spread underside of mushrooms with pizza sauce, then sprinkle with ½ of the cheese. Top with pepperoni and black olives and remaining cheese. Bake for an additional 7 to 10 minutes or until cheese is well melted.
I’m linking up with :: Monday :: Skip To My Lou ▪ A Southern Fairytale ▪ Add A Pinch ▪ Delightfully Dowling ▪ Sumo’s Sweet Stuff ▪ Dittle Dattle ▪ DIY Home Sweet Home ▪ Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker ▪ DIY Home Sweet Home ▪ I Should Be Mopping The Floor ▪ Jam Hands ▪ Food and Flix ▪ Beyer Beware :: Tuesday :: Tip Junkie ▪ Crazy for Crust ▪ Naptime Creations ▪ Funky Polka Dot Giraffe ▪ Blessed with Grace ▪ Mandy’s Recipe Box ▪ Permanent Posies ▪ I Blog 4 Me :: Wednesday :: This Chick Cooks ▪ Lady Behind the Curtain ▪ Sugar and Dots ▪ Gingersnap :: Thursday :: 36th Avenue ▪ Around My Family Table ▪ Miz Helen’s Country Kitchen ▪ Something Swanky ▪ Prairie Story ▪ Momnivore’s Dilemma :: Friday :: Tidy Mom ▪ Designs by Gollum ▪ Tater Tots and Jello ▪ Fingerprints on the Fridge ▪ Mom Trends ▪ Simply Sweet Home ▪ Thirty Handmade Days ▪ At the Picket Fence ▪ Amees Savory Dish ▪ Dwell On Joy ▪ Alli-n-Son ▪ ▪ Katherine Martinelli :: Saturday :: Crumbs & Chaos ▪ Sweet As Sugar Cookies ▪ Six Sisters Stuff :: Sunday :: The Girl Creative ▪ Under The Table Dreaming ▪ Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker ▪ A Well Seasoned Life ▪ Everyday Sisters