Hummus seems to be all the rage today, especially as a low fat healthy alternative to dip. You can use it with fresh veggies, as a sandwich spread, or to dip with fresh pita bread (my favorite!). Hummus can be bought at most supermarkets, but it’s super easy to make at home with just a few ingredients…just toss into the food processor and you’ll have it made!
- 3 cloves garlic peeled & chopped
- 2 cups canned garbanzo beans chick-peas, drained & liquid reserved
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seed oil
- ½ t salt to taste
- 1 T cumin
- ¼ t cayenne pepper
- Put everything in a food processor and begin to process; add chickpea liquid or water until you reach a smooth puree.
- Serve drizzled with additional olive oil.