Honey Sesame Pork Tenderloin
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin
- 1/2 cup less sodium soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- Combine soy sauce, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, vinegar, and red pepper flakes in a large plastic bag. Add tenderloin. Marinate all day or at least 2 hours in refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 T hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- Combine honey, hoisin sauce, and brown sugar in a shallow bowl. Remove tenderloin from marinade and reserve marinade; pat meat dry with a paper towel. Roll tenderloin in honey mixture, and then roll in sesame seeds. Place in a shallow pan and roast for 20 to 30 minutes or until temperature registers 160 degrees on a meat thermometer. Tent with foil and let rest 10 minutes before slicing.
- 1 C apple juice
- Reserved Marinade
- 2 T Hoisin Sauce
- 2 t honey
- Pour off marinade into a small sauce pot with hoisin sauce, honey, and apple juice, and place over medium-high heat and reduce, stirring constantly. Reduce until sauce thickens and coats the back of a spoon. Set aside for serving.
- After meat has rested 10 minutes, slice and place on platter. Drizzle with reduced glaze.
- Serve immediately.