Grilled Sirloin Steaks are perfect for outdoor grilling on a budget. During the summer months here in Texas our family does a lot of grilling out on the patio because it’s quick and easy, and I don’t have to heat up the kitchen! My family loves steak, especially thick cut Ribeyes, but it’s not always in the budget, so for a less expensive steak night, I will grill sirloin steaks. They are a much tougher cut of meat, but if you grill it right, they can be tender, juicy and delicious. To amp up the flavor, I love to serve these steaks with Chimicurri sauce.
Chimichurri sauce is a garlicky tangy sauce from Argentina. I like it on fish, chicken, beef, pasta and vegetables. I can practically put it on anything edible! It also works great as a marinade and baste while grilling. You could also add it to softened butter for an awesome compound butter!
For this recipe, I rub the steaks on both sides with chimichurri and let them sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes before grilling.
- 1 cup lightly packed chopped parsley (ideally, flat leaf "Italian" parsley)
- 3 to 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- ½ teaspoon chili pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves (optional)
- 2 tablespoons shallot or onion, minced
- ¾ cup vegetable or olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar, or red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Place all chimichurri sauce ingredients in a blender or food processor and pulse until well chopped, but not pureed. Reserve. *If not using right away, store in an airtight container in the refrigerate. Allow mixture to come to room temperature before using.
- 4 (1-inch thick) Sirloin Steaks
- 4 tablespoons prepared Chimichurri Sauce
- Kosher Salt
- Ground black pepper
- Rub steaks on both sides with Chimichurri sauce, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat grill to high.
- Place the steaks on the grill and cook until browned and slightly charred, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Turn the steaks over and continue grilling for 3 to 5 minutes for medium-rare (an internal temperature of 135 degrees F), 5 to 7 minutes for medium (140 degrees F) or 8 to 10 minutes for medium-well (150 degrees F).
- Tent loosely with foil and let rest 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with extra Chimichurri sauce for topping.
A special thank you to The Pinterest Kitchen for organizing CookOutWeek! Check out the details below and enter to win some awesome prizes!
#CookoutWeek – an entire week filled with yummy summer recipes perfect for your next cookout, along with a fun giveaway, courtesy of some awesome sponsors.
It’s super easy to enter, and one lucky winner will get:
- Char-Broil American Gourmet 600 Series Charcoal Grill (see specs here!)
- Edmond Fallot Dijon Mustard, French Farm Butcher Salt Box, & Confit of Figs & Balsamic Vinegar from The French Farm
- Sauce 3-Pack (Ketchup, BBQ, Veracha) from True Made Foods
- Wimpy’s BBQ Rub, Dilly Dust Seasoning, and Cheryl’s Jamaican Me Hungry Seasoning from Swine Dining
- A Perfect Pickler Kit from Perfect Pickler
- A gift basket of products from Fungus Among Us
- A gift bag of products from Dr. Praeger’s Sensible Foods
- All Natural Boneless Duck Breasts, Fully Cooked Roast Half Ducks w/Orange Sauce, Duck Bacon, Duck Wing Drummettes from Maple Leaf Farms
It’s pretty much everything you need to host an awesome cookout this summer. It’s a prize pack worth over $300! Thank you so much to all of the wonderful sponsors listed above, who have made #CookoutWeek possible.
Don’t forget to check back throughout the week with all of the bloggers participating to get some yummy #CookoutWeek recipes. Here’s the full list of participating bloggers:
The PinterTest Kitchen • 2 Cookin’ Mamas • A Day in the Life on the Farm • addicted 2 recipes • Aimee Broussard & Co. • Amy’s Cooking Adventures • Angels Home Sweet Homestead • Bakin’ and Eggcerpts • Balancing Motherhood • Body Rebooted • Cheese Curd In Paradise • Cindy’s Recipes and Writings • Cook With 5 Kids • Cook. Craft. Love. • Cookaholic Wife • Cricket’s Confections • Crumb: A Food Blog • Eat, Drink, Be Healthy! • Everyday Eileen • Fairyburger • Food Parsed • Get the Good Stuff! • Goodie Godmother • Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks • Home in the Finger Lakes • Jennifer Cooks • Jessie Weaver • Kate’s Recipe Box • Life on Food • Little House Big Alaska • Little Scratch Kitchen • Making Miracles • Moore or Less Cooking • Rhubarb and Honey • Savvy In The Kitchen • Seduction in the Kitchen • Simple Food 365 • Style Island • Thanks for Cookin’! • The Food Hunter’s Guide To Cuisine • The Hungary Buddha Eats the World • The Spiffy Cookie • The Weekday Gourmet • This is How I Cook • Tramplingrose • Vintage Kitty • West Via Midwest
Looking forward to sharing some yummy recipes with all of our readers.