Ham and Swiss Dinner Roll Sandwiches are perfect for appetizers, tailgating, showers and more! These crowd-pleasers are made with sweet Hawaiian Rolls and brushed with a buttery special sauce, and toasted to melty perfection!
If you haven’t made these Dinner Roll sandwiches before, you’re in for a real treat! They are super easy to make and can be prepared the day ahead to make life simpler. I first received this recipe from my dear friend, Amanda Duggan, years ago when we were young married’s. She has shared many recipes over the years with me and they are always a huge hit!
Dinner Roll Sandwiches can be made with just about any combination of meat, like my Monte Cristo Sliders, which combine all the flavors of the famous battered and fried turkey, ham, and cheese sandwich!
Tips for making Dinner Roll Sandwiches:
- These dinner roll sandwiches can be made the day ahead. Prepare the sandwiches as directed EXCEPT, do not add the buttery sauce until right before baking to avoid sogginess. Place sandwiches in a baking dish and cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. When ready to bake, remove from refrigerator and pour over sauce mixture, and let stand at room temperature for 3o minutes before baking.
- These sandwiches are a great way to use leftover holiday turkey or ham!
- If the sandwiches begin browning too much, place a sheet of foil over the top to prevent burning.
More Reader Favorites!
Have you made any of my recipes? Post it on Instagram and tag @jennifercooks123 and #jennifercooks!
Dinner Roll Sandwiches
- 2 packs Hawaiian Rolls
- 1 lb shaved ham
- 12 oz. shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 sticks melted butter
- 2 T mustard
- 1 T Worcestershire sauce
- 1 t dry onion
- 2 T poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 325. Slice rolls horizontally as a unit – don’t break apart into individual rolls.
- Put the bottoms in a 9×13 dish.
- Lay meat on top.
- Cover with cheese.
- Pour 2/3-3/4 of sauce on top of the cheese.
- Place tops of rolls on top. Pour remaining mixture over tops of rolls and spread evenly.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Watch closely – they scorch easily!!! These can also be made ahead of time and refrigerated before baking.