I was going through my recipe file the other day and realized that I must have hundreds of recipes that I have filed away and intended to try, but never did, so now I’m on a quest to really work through those recipes and make as many as I can. Caramel Apple Crisp is one of the recipes I found that was given to me years ago and I wish I had tried it sooner, it’s so good!
This is a very quick and easy apple crisp recipe that goes together fast and is so good served with a scoop of ice cream!
Caramel Apple Crisp
- 8 cups peeled & sliced Granny Smith apples
- 1 11 oz pkg Kraft Caramel Baking Bits, divided
- 2 T plus 2 t half and half divided
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup quick cooking oats
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 1/8 t salt
- Dash cinnamon
- 1 stick cold butter
- Vanilla ice cream for serving
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place apples in a greased 9x13 baking dish. In a heavy saucepan or microwave, 2/3 of the bag of caramel bits with 2 tablespoons half and half, stirring often; drizzle over apples. In a bowl, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar, walnuts, salt and cinnamon; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over apples.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a heavy saucepan or microwave, melt remaining caramel bits with remaining half and half, stirring often until smooth. Drizzle over dessert and ice cream when serving.
Leave a Reply