Asian Sugar Snap Pea and Steak Salad
- Asian Sugar Snap Pea and Steak Salad
- Adapted from Cooking Light
- 4 Servings serving size: 1 1/2 cups
- Calories: 290 ▪ Fat: 16g ▪ Carbs: 15g ▪ Dietary Fiber: 4g ▪ Protein: 21g
- 3 cups fresh sugar snap peas blanched & chilled
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 cloves fresh garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon canola mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons Splenda
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- <g class="gr_ gr_386 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_disable_anim_appear ContextualSpelling multiReplace" id="386" data-gr-id="386">1 pint</g> cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 1/2 cups chopped seeded English cucumber about 1
- 4 green onions chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces flank steak cut into small pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds optional
- To blanch peas: Bring a pan of water to a rolling boil. Place peas in boiling water for one minute. Remove with a slotted spoon to a bowl of ice water. Drain the peas when they are completely cold; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine soy sauce and next 8 ingredients (through sesame oil), stirring with a whisk. Add sugar snap peas, tomatoes, cucumber, and onions; toss to coat.
- Right before serving, heat a medium cast-iron skillet over high heat. Add olive oil to pan; swirl to coat. Combine steak, salt, and pepper, tossing to coat steak. Add steak mixture to pan; cook 5 minutes or until well browned and crisp, stirring frequently.
- When ready to serve, Combine peas, cucumbers, tomatoes, and green onion and toss to combine. Drizzle with dressing and toss until well coated. Divide into 4 portions and top with steak.