- 1 Tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger minced
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 10 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons Garam Masala Spice Blend see below
- Main Ingredients:
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped
- 3 onions diced
- 2 Tablespoons reserved marinade
- 2 pounds pork chops cut into cubes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 12 baby potatoes quartered or thick slices
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- S&P to taste
- First, combine marinade ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk to combine. (this will be fairly thick) Place pork cubes in a large Ziploc bag and pour marinade over meat. Seal bag well and place on a plate or mixing bowl (in case of leakage) in the refrigerator for several hours or preferably overnight.
- When ready to cook, heat oil over medium heat in a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan or iron skillet. Add onions and fry, stirring often, to a light golden brown color. Add the pork and continue sautéing, stirring often, until meat is browned.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons reserved marinade, chicken broth, and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and continue cooking for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- After 15 minutes, stir in uncooked potatoes and continue simmering an additional 15 minutes or until the meat is cooked through. (You may cover the saucepan with a tight fitting lid and place in a 350 degree oven for about 30 to 45 minutes at this point, if you prefer.)
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste and serve warm.
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon ground cardamom
1 1/2 teaspoons ground pepper
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg