I really love Snickers. My husband loves Snickers and so do my kids, so when I made this pie, it took some calculating moves to end up with the last leftover piece. (I actually hid a piece in the freezer. Shhh, don’t tell them).
This no-bake Snickers Pie takes everything you love about Snickers – the caramel, salty peanuts, rich chocolate and takes it over the top with a chocolate cookie crust, a thick caramel layer and a fluffy peanut butter-cream cheese filling and gets all topped off with a thick chocolate ganache. It’s a very simple dessert, but is a definite crowd pleaser for serving guests.
I started off with a homemade chocolate cookie crust using whole Oreo cookies and melted butter. You could use a store-bought crust, but because this makes a large pie, I would recommend making your own in a large deep-dish pie plate.
Next, I melted a bag of Kraft Caramel Bits with some heavy whipping cream and whisked it all together until it was smooth. This mixture was poured into the bottom of the pie crust. I place the caramel filled crust in the freezer to set up while I made the rest.
The filling is made up of softened cream cheese, peanut butter and sugar. Beat these until they are well combined and creamy.
Instead of using whipped topping to add volume, I used heavy whipping cream and whipped it to firm peaks and folded it into my peanut butter-cream cheese mixture to create a fluffy filling.
Chopped Snickers bars are folded in next to make this pie eat like a candy bar.
Now you’ll remove the chilled pie crust from the freezer and add the filling, heaping it up in the center to make a mile-high pie. Place the pie back into the freezer and allow it to freeze until firm, about 1 to 2 hours.
Once the pie and completely frozen, make the chocolate ganache by microwaving heavy whipping cream and chocolate chips, mixing together until smooth. You’ll remove the pie from the freezer and pour the ganache over the top, gently spreading to evenly cover the pie (I usually do this over a sheet pan that’s been turned upside down for easier cleanup). Return to the freezer.
Chop the remaining Snickers bars and dry roasted peanuts to garnish the pie. Return to the freezer for about 30 minutes.
Use a wet knife to slice the pie, cleaning the knife between cuts to get that perfect looking pie piece.
- ⅔ package Oreos
- ½ stick salted butter, melted
- Caramel Layer:
- 1 (11 oz) package Kraft Caramel Bits
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 standard Snickers Bars, chopped
- Chocolate Ganache Topping:
- ½ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 standard Snickers Bars, chopped
- ½ cup chopped dry roasted peanuts
- In a food processor, process whole Oreo cookies until they are fine crumbs. In a medium bowl, combine crumbs and melted butter. Mix well to coat cookie crumbs with melted butter.
- Press crumb mixture up the sides and onto the bottom of a deep dish pie plate; set in the freezer to firm up.
- In a small bowl, combine the caramel bits and ¼ cup whipping cream and microwave 1-minute at a time, stirring between sessions until the caramels are completely melted; stir well until smooth.
- Pour melted caramel mixture into the bottom of the pie, on top of the crust. Return to freezer to set.
- In a separate medium bowl, beat 2 cups of whipping cream until stiff peaks form; set aside.
- In another large bowl, beat peanut butter, cream cheese, sugar, salt and vanilla until creamy and well combined.
- Fold in the whipped cream and stir gently until combined.
- Fold in 4 chopped Snickers bars until combined.
- Scoop all of the filling ingredients into the pie plate on top of the caramel. Heap in the center and smooth all around. Return pie to freezer.
- For the topping, in a medium bowl, combine chocolate chips and ⅓ cup heavy whipping cream. Microwave on high for 1 minute, stir. Continue microwaving 30 seconds and stirring until the chocolate is melted and the cream has been incorporated.
- Place pie on a large baking sheet.
- Slowly pour chocolate ganache over pie, smoothing to the edges as needed.
- Garnish with chopped Snickers and peanuts.
- Return to the freezer until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, set pie on counter at room temperature for 10 minutes before cutting.
- Run a sharp knife under hot water and make your first cut. Clean knife and run under hot water for every cut to make clean cuts.
- Serve cold.
I’m linking up with I Should Be Mopping the Floor | Refresh Restyle | Redhead Can Decorate | Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom | What Meegan Makes | Your Homebased Mom | Inspiration for Moms | Our Southern home | i heart naptime
Incoming search terms:
- snickers pie