This zesty Italian Pasta Salad is loaded with flavorful Italian meats, cheeses, olives, sweet peppers and more! Make it for your next gathering and get rave reviews!
Pasta salads are the classic Spring and Summertime potluck dish, and with Spring in full swing here in Texas, gatherings requiring a dish to bring are upon us. This Italian Pasta Salad was a hit with all three of my kids, so I know it will be a success wherever I bring it along.
I used radiatore pasta, which is a short, squatty pasta that looks very much like a radiator. I like all the grooves in this pasta, which allow it to hold the savory dressing and bits of chopped ingredients.
I think the reason this Italian Pasta Salad is such a hit with my kids is because it’s packed with various types of Italian meats, shaved parmesan and fresh basil. It’s almost like eating pizza in a bowl.
What’s your favorite pasta salad? Tell me about it in the comments.
MORE ITALIAN INSPIRATION!
HAVE YOU MADE ANY OF MY RECIPES? POST THEM ON INSTAGRAM AND TAG @jennifercooks123 AND #jennifercooks!
Italian Pasta Salad
- 16 ounces dry Pasta used: Radiatore
- 1 cup diced assorted colored bell peppers
- 1 cup halved pear tomatoes
- 1 cup cubed Genoa Salami
- 1 cup thickly sliced then cubed Pepperoni
- 1 cup pitted Kalamata Olives
- 1 cup crumbled Feta Cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup fresh basil thinly sliced (chiffonade)
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup champagne vinegar
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain well and rinse with cold water; pour into large mixing bowl.
- To the pasta in the mixing bowl, add bell peppers, tomatoes, salami, pepperoni, green onions and olives. Toss gently to combine.
- For the Dressing:
- In a jar with a tight fitting lid, combine all ingredients.
- Shake well for about 30 seconds or until well combined.
- To assemble:
- Pour desired amount of dressing over pasta salad ingredients, gently stir to coat.
- Taste pasta and adjust with more dressing, salt and pepper to taste.
- Right before serving, stir in parmesan, feta cheese and fresh basil.
- Serve immediately.