Homemade Granola is one of those super easy recipes that often gets overlooked because it’s just so easy to buy pre-made, but if you’re willing to give it a try, I think you’ll be in for a real treat and be amazed at the wonderful flavor you can create at home, not to mention, you’ll know absolutely everything that goes into it! I love to eat granola by the handfuls as a snack, as cereal with milk, and mixed in with my yogurt to make a delicious parfait!
With very few ingredients, you can make a huge amount of granola at a much lower cost than purchasing it from the store too!
I have kept this recipe very simple and have only added pecans as my add-in because I like mine that way. You can certainly change the type of nuts to whatever you like or a combination of nuts and seeds. The options are endless! Also, many people like to add shredded coconut and dried fruits. I like it that way too, but my favorite is this simple duo of honey-coated oats and pecans. If you choose to add dried fruits and coconut, stir them in during the last 5 minutes of baking so they don’t burn.
- 6 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup pecans coarsely chopped
- 1 cup walnuts coarsely chopped
- ½ cup coconut oil melted
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup molasses
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 1½ cups 7 oz bag coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Line a large cookie sheet (with sides) with foil. Spray foil with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, add oats, seeds, and nuts, cinnamon and salt. Stir to combine.
- Add oil, honey, molasses, and vanilla.
- Stir well with hands until well incorporated.
- Add coconut and stir once more.
- Pour mixture onto lined cookie sheet. Spread evenly.
- Bake at 300 for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, pull out pan and fold over the mixture. Put back into oven for 15 more minutes.
- After 15 minutes, fold mixture again. Granola should be browning at this point. Put back into oven for 10 minutes.
- Once all granola is golden brown, remove from oven and allow to cool completely. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.