|Common brand packaging in Asian Markets|
Adding coconut milk and ginger in this recipe infuses their great flavors into this delicious rice. This side dish goes great with my Slow Cooker San Fransisco Chops, Chicken Tikka Masala, Maple Glazed Salmon and Honey Sesame Pork Tenderloin!
- 2 cups Jasmine rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup lite coconut milk
- ¼ cup grated sweetened coconut
- 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a medium stock pot add 2 cups Jasmine Rice. Cover in cold water, wash the rice by moving your fingers through the rice and draining, until the water runs pure without any milkiness. (This may take about three times)
- Place rinsed rice back into pot and combine 2 cups water 1 cup coconut milk, salt, and ginger; bring to a boil. Immediately reduce heat to a simmer, cover tightly with a lid and continue simmering for 15 to 20 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and let stand about 5 minutes.
- Fluff rice lightly with a fork and combine cooked rice with coconut and cilantro, mix gently and serve warm.