Creamy Crawfish Etouffee
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 cup celery diced
- 1 onion diced
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 1 <g class="gr_ gr_122 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_disable_anim_appear Grammar multiReplace" id="122" data-gr-id="122">tablespoons</g> Creole seasoning used: Tony Chachere
- 2 teaspoons seafood seasoning used: Old Bay
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups crawfish stock chicken broth or water
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 pounds freshly picked steamed crawfish tail meat
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley leaves for garnish
- 6 cups cooked long grain white rice
- French bread or Garlic bread for serving
- In a large saute pan, melt the butter and saute the celery, bell pepper, and onion on medium heat until the vegetables become tender.
- Add the spices and garlic.
- Saute to combine, and then blend in the flour to form a roux around the vegetables, over medium-high heat.
- Cook thoroughly until the roux starts to turn a very light golden brown.
- Add the broth a little at a time, stirring to bring all the ingredients together to form a thickened gravy.
- Stir in the crawfish tail meat, and then the cream and lemon juice.
- Simmer on low heat for about 15 minutes.
- Serve over hot cooked rice and garnish with parsley.