Get a taste of the tropics with these crispy, sweet and savory Coconut Shrimp!
If you love coconut shrimp like we do, then you owe it to yourself to make it at home. It’s really very simple. I love the combination of savory and sweet, along with the crunch. The orange marmalade dipping sauce is a perfect combination with coconut shrimp. Serve this dish with a side salad or as an appetizer…everyone will love it!
- 1 lb Medium to Large Fresh Shrimp (peeled, deveined & butterflied)
- 2 Eggs
- ¼ C. Water
- ⅔ C. Corn Starch
- 7 oz. Package Flaked Coconut (small flake if possible)
- 1 Tbsp. Sugar
- 1 tsp. Salt
- ½ C. Flour
- Mix eggs and water. Set aside.
- Place ⅓ cup of cornstarch in a bowl for dusting the shrimp.
- Mix in separate bowl ⅓ cup (the remainder) of cornstarch, coconut, sugar, salt, and flour, blend well.
- Heat oil for deep frying.
- Roll shrimp in cornstarch, then in egg wash, then finally roll in coconut mixture.
- Place shrimp in hot oil and deep fry until done.
- Shrimp will float to the top when cooked.
- 1 cup Smuckers orange marmalade
- Juice of 1 orange
- 1-inch piece peeled and minced ginger
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Serve with coconut shrimp.
Incoming search terms:
- coconut shrimp recipe