- 1 whole chicken or 5 split chicken breasts
- 6 cups water use 10 cups if doubling
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bell pepper seeded & diced
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1 12- oz can sliced mushrooms drained
- 2 12- oz cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 pound Velveeta cheese cubed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large soup pot, combine chicken, water, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a low simmer and cover with a tight fitting lid. Cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pot to a platter and allow to cool.
- While chicken is cooling, add onions, bell pepper, mushrooms and garlic to the remaining broth.
- Bring the broth to a boil.
- Once boiling, add pasta and cook in broth. I usually cook the pasta longer than the package directions, about 15 minutes, or until most of the broth has been absorbed.
- While pasta is cooking, debone chicken and dice into bite-sized pieces.
- Add cream of chicken soup to the cooked pasta and stir to combine.
- Dice the cheese loaf into manageable chunks. Add to the hot cooked spaghetti and stir to combine. The cheese will melt easily into the hot pasta.
- Add the diced chicken and stir to combine.
- Pour spaghetti into a greased baking dish and top with 1 cup of grated cheese.
- Bake at 350* for about 20 minutes or until the cheese is nice and melty. Serve warm with hot bread and salad.